Serves 2 – 3
Ingredients (all organic if possible):
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 3 stalks of celery (must be organic) chopped
- 2 small, thin carrots chopped (or 1/4 cup shredded carrots)
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 box 32 oz. chicken bone broth (or veggie broth)
- 1/4 cup small egg bowtie noodles
- Pepper to taste
- (Optional) 1/2 tsp Everyday Savory Spice Mix (from the Everyday Ayurveda Cookbook)
Heat up the ghee in a medium to large saucepan (never let ghee smoke — if it does, throw it out). Once ghee is melted, add the celery, carrots, and onion to the saucepan. Cook until the onions start to become clear. Immediately add the broth. Once the soup begins to boil, add the noodles and pepper. I don’t add salt, but please feel free to add to taste at the end.
Enjoy this filling yet light dinner.
Love, peace, and joy,
Update: On a cold day, I modified this recipe by adding a little flour (2 tsp) while I was cooking the celery, carrots, and onions, then added a little milk (1/2 cup). It made the soup just a bit creamy, which was perfect for a cold day!
Photo by Kaboompics .com on Pexels.com