Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 24 regular cupcake-size (about half way filled) / 48 mini cupcake-size
- 1 jar (15.5 ounces) of peanut butter. I used Simply JIF creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil. I used Great Value Organic Naturally Refined Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder. I used Sprouts Organic Cocoa Powder
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup. I used Kroger Private Selection 100% Grade A Amber Pure Maple Syrup
- *Optional unsweetened coconut macaroon powder (Bob’s Red Mill would work)
- Line the cupcake pans with liners
- In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter and coconut oil with a hand-held mixer or Kitchenaid mixer on low speed until uniform in consistency and color.
- Gently stir in the cocoa powder to the peanut butter-coconut oil blend. Don’t use the mixer. Use a spoon, or cocoa powder might go everywhere (like it did in my kitchen).
- Mix in the maple syrup or preferred sweetener to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake pans evenly. Fill the regular cupcake pan with a little less than half way — this is about 2 to 3 tablespoons. If making mini-cupcake size, you can fill each one about with about 2 tablespoons — they will be a little more than 2/3 of the way full (not quite to the top of the liner).
- Sprinkle with just a bit of coconut macaroon.
- Place the cupcake pans in the freezer. After about an hour or 2, the fat bombs will be ready. Note: Be sure to keep them stored in the freezer. They will melt at room temperature.
Keto Friendly? Yes! This recipe can be made keto friendly by using a maple syrup substitute, like Lakanto Sugar Free Maple Syrup. I haven’t made the sugar free version yet so I don’t know exactly how much would be needed. When I do make it, I will let you know how much of the Lakanto sugar free syrup to use. If you want to give it a shot, try to put in only 3 tablespoons then taste the mixture. If it is not sweet enough, add a bit more until it tastes amazing!
If you try this recipe, please let me know how it turned out for you.